I love shoes. My father has, upon occasion, teased me by calling me "Imelda Marcos". And, when a friend asked me the other day "So how was Canada?" I replied, "Amazing! I bought the coolest pair of shoes while I was there." He laughed that that was the first comment I made about the city and my time there. (But the shoes are fantastic: red boots that lace to the knee. I acquired them in a consignment shop in Gastown aptly named "The Deluxe Junk Company.")
I shop often at Payless because I love the prices and the buy-one-get-one-half-off deals. I even know what brands I like there (predictions, fioni, lower east side-- but not American Eagle because the shoes are cute but the never last long; they aren't as well-made). I also love a new store my sister and I found in Bountiful called "Forever Young Shoes". I find the name horrible but the store layout reminds me of European shoe stores and all the shoes are adorable. Any way the reason I mention shoes at all is because I was at work today (Elizabeth's Bakery and Tea Shop) with three guys and we were discussing shoes and they asked me how many I own.
Me, "Umm... I don't know...forty?"
Them, "Forty?! Like forty pairs?"
Me, "Yeah."
Them (Shocked Silence)
Tonight when I got home I counted. I own fifty-three pairs of shoes. No wonder I'm running out of storage space.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have to say I am not surprised at the number. I think you should wear a different pair everyday for 53 days, and during that 53 days, you can't acquire any new ones.
Well, welcome to the blogging world. I am interested to see what you decide to present to your readers.
Whitney! Thanks for inviting me to read your blog. And wow on the shoe count! I am totally impressed. You should have a modeling show and invite everyone. That way you can show off your amazing collection =)
I say you go girl. You've got a lot of catching up to do to several other shoe owners I know. :P
53 pairs of shoes. Wow. that rocks!! I'm with elen. Too bad you're not my size. You go girl!!
you know, I think it's ironic that you love shoes so much, and yet in your blog picture, you're barefoot.
Post a Comment