Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Things I did in 2008

All the Notable Things I did in 2008

Started my Blog
Turned 20 years old
Read my scriptures every day
Worked at Elizabeth’s Bakery and Tea Shop
Worked and Quit Working at Hansen, Barnett, and Maxwell
Worked at the Writing Center

Went to Las Vegas over Thanksgiving break
Went Sapphire Hunting in Montana

Lived through two semesters at the U of U, Which included:

Becoming Zeta’s Treasurer
Writing a 20-page memoir
Writing a 10-page Literature Review about Racial and Cultural Diversity in the Writing Center
Writing a 15-page Research Paper about the Elgin/Parthenon Marbles
Volunteering as a U of U Student Ambassador (Exchanging Emails with International Students and leading Campus Tours and a Question-Answer session at International Orientations)
Declaring my Major!! (French)

I read a lot of books (including my recent discovery of the Enola Holmes Series (Nancy Springer), Listening to some Jaqueline Kirby Mysteries (Elizabeth Peters), and scores of other books I can't remember just now).

Watched Lydia turn 16 years old, and have begun to endure her backseat driving (arg).

I made Soufflés. That tasted good but fell very, very far.
Joined Institute Choir for the summer
Served Jury Duty
Became a major Taylor Swift fan
Watched Lydia go to Hawaii and Elen go to France, (after I recently returned from Canada)
Went for an 8-mile hike through mud to go Fishing with Elen and my Dad. I didn’t catch any fish, but it was really fun. I gave myself the title “hard core wilderness woman”.
I voted.

I also realized that a majority of my goals have been the same since I was about ten years old (Including regular exercise and playing the violin). Maybe I should start working on those...There's always next year.

1 comment:

Jim said...

wow! well done. Sounds like a very fulfilling year.