Wednesday, September 22, 2010
I'm dreaming...
Today I came home and took a nap--I was sick and more or less beyond the ability to properly function. While napping, I dreamed that I was teaching English Conversation Hour in an old, French tower dating from 15th century or so. One day in class a ghost-man materialized, hanging by a noose from the rafters. I told my class (with excellent storytelling skills) that this man had, back in the 15th Century, hung himself after he heard his wife had died. Every one hundred years on the anniversary of his death, his body could be seen just as it had that day when he first committed suicide. It was creepy, and a good ghost story. Of course as the class and I were cleaning up for the day I asked the ghost, "uh do you need help with something?" And he requested that we take the tower from this spot and move it to the province in which his wife had lived. Well, that I knew was about two provinces away. How was I supposed to move a whole tower across the country? I didn't know what to do but we had to do something because all the villagers and I kept getting messages that said "Why aren't you moving the tower?" One came by my computer typing for itself, and other given to village children was carried by gigantic spiders and unfolded like a fruit-by-the foot on the ground. In the end the case was never resolved, I merely awoke.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL!!! What a doozy of a dream. A+ Whitney.
I think you better move the tower.
Post a Comment