There are a few stretched of road in Salt Lake that give me a real sense of home. One of them is driving down the hill at eighth south just before East High School when you can look out on the valley. Another is driving along 11th Ave near the cemetery. It also looks over the city, but also makes me feel a little closer to my family that has passed on.
Another road I am beginning to love is, in fact, State Street. I drive along it at 9am on the way to help my Grandpa Harper with his morning routines. It is open and free at that time. I also love to look at the retro signs for restaurants, hotels (and dare I say) pawn shops. I think though the biggest reason I like driving along it is that I love to see my Grandpa every Saturday morning!
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment