I really need to stop reading until the early hours of the morning. I intend to go to bed early (11pm would be a good start) but if I start reading a book after 8:30 at night I can't stop until I've finished. I enjoy reading more than anything else but it is really throwing off healthy sleeping patterns.
Last night I stayed up reading Suite Scarlett. I really enjoyed it though I found the inevitable-built-in-Romance rather inane, but the goodness of the whole story and the characters outweighed this flaw.
It's about a girl who lives in an old hotel in New York City and she meets an eccentric hotel guest who hires her as a personal assistant which spices up her life a little bit.
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The worst is when you stay up into the wee hours reading a scary book. You get so worked up about it, you can't fall asleep at all. Every creak and bump in the night causes you to cower under your covers, even though you absolutely know the same noises occur every night and rarely bother you (e.g. the hum of the refridgerator, the sounds of water moving through the pipes, the wind against the windows, the sprinklers coming on at 3:00a...). But do these fears stop you from reading late into the night at some future date? No. (sigh)
Post a Comment