Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lesson Number Five

I dreamt last night that I was at a department store in London, England. I was going to go to a violin lesson, but before I could meet my teacher I had to buy a lesson from this store. I was told to buy lesson number five. All the lessons were prepackaged meals. Lesson number four was a burrito with refried beans and rice another was a chicken dinner. There were lots of lessons. (Because everyone knows of course that when you have a music lesson you "play" the food that you bought--you play the "essence" of the food and eat it later you don't actually make noise with the food.) As I sorted through the lessons I thought "I hope the teacher has a microwave." It took me forever to find lesson number five. Finally I pulled the number five box from the shelf. What was in it? Two jam-jars of Devonshire Cream. I thought, "Dang I hate Devonshire Cream!" I would have preferred the Burrito.

2 comments:

Elen said...

Ha! Lol, that's awesome.

Jim said...

Dang Whitney, I love your dreams! You have the best dreams ever!