Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pixie

The name Pixie invokes for me the idea of pep and gumption. As long as I can remember, she has been at every Wallace family gathering with a firm hug, a warm smile, and an offer of food.

Pixie is determined and service-oriented. Her smile is bright and sincere. The light it gives her fills her face, and in her eyes you can always see genuine love and happiness. That is one powerful smile. A smile like sunshine. Perhaps part of her happiness came from the fact that she was always working on behalf of others. 

She is bright and beautiful, just the way I imagine the islands: hospitable, cheery, and warm. Creamy cinnamon skin showed off her beauty. I won't forget the way her cheeks got rounder when she smiled. It seems part of her happiness came from the fact that she was always working on behalf of others, being generous with her time and talents. She was a doer, but more than that, she was a doer of good. 

Aloha Aunt Pixie. We miss you. 

No comments: