Friday, September 12, 2008

Adrenaline Rush

There was a black widow who lived in my shoe
When she came out I didn't know what to do...

When my family and I went to Montana we hiked a trail of snow and sludge. Consequently, my shoes became so dirty that when we got home I left my shoes outside because I didn't want to deal with them. Two months later (today), I decided I would clean them off and start wearing them again. They were now filled with ancient looking cobwebs. I enlisted my mother's aid for the cleaning process. She suggested I bang the shoe against the step in the back yard to see if anything came out of it. So I banged it about three times and a gigantic Black Widow was ejected.

It creeped me out.

My mom caught the spider in a plastic jar. It's abdomen is large and jet black with a shocking red stripe on the underside. It looks like it's dead, but we're not sure. It might be faking.

My mom finished cleaning out my shoes for me (because I was too chicken) and I wore them to the gym.


1 comment:

red said...

Nice to know I'm not the only one with the bug curse.