Thursday, September 4, 2008

State Fair and Friday

I went to the Utah State Fair for the first time! (My Mom tells me that I have gone before when I was in preschool and we all petted a sheep, but I don't remember it so I figure that one doesn't count.)

I had a great time adding this event to my stock of life experiences, but there is much that I didn't do so I know I need to again. These are the things my friends and I indulged in:

1. Deep-fried Oreos: They were really good; much like having a softened Oreo inside of a doughnut.

2. We watched the Rodeo (but we didn't have time to stay as long as we would have liked) and also saw a hypnotist show, which was fun but not as much fun as the other hypnotist I've seen but I did have a good time.

Now I am attempting to avoid homework; which is impossible. I feel a little overwhelmed and completely disorganized, and sleepy and it's only the second week of school. For me physical disorganization (i.e. messy room and papers in disarray) accompanies stress and a similar mental disarray. So I can't decide whether to spend time organizing my papers or just to skip to actually doing the work. No matter which job I choose, I always feel a nagging sensation in the back of my mind because my subconscious is sure that choosing to do the other job first would be a better idea. It's my catch-twenty two.

But hopefully I can get my mind off of this dilemma tonight at our sorority activity (we have an exchange with the fraternity Iota).

No comments: