Saturday, September 20, 2008

Why I am Fatigued

When I described my weekend to my mother she told me I sound like, "a social whirling dervish." An apt description I think.

On Thursday night I went on a date, dinner and miniature golf. Conversation flow was really easy so that made it fun and I love miniature golfing, I did pretty well except for one whole when I had about ten or eleven strokes. Luckily we didn't record the score. We ate dinner at Red Robbin which was yummy, but a little awkward. I had to balance eating a huge burger I couldn't actually fit in my mouth while expounding clever conversation and being cute. We ended up kind of having a truce where we would talk for awhile and then not really look at each other while we ate our burgers. It worked pretty well.

Then Friday night was our pledge retreat for Zeta (i.e. huge, fun sleepover). I loved every minute of it, but five hours of sleep just isn't enough, especially if you've been staying up until one am doing homework the night before. Then this morning was the LDS sorority Powder Puff tournament. I played a lot (always a lineman--I'm big and intimidating like that) and I loved it, I don't think I was that bad a player either. And I'm a great cheerleader. We tied all of our games, so we didn't win the competition. Now I am a little sore from running as fast as I can and whamming into people, but it was totally worth it.

Then I spent all afternoon trying to arrange food for Zeta's Dues Banquet on Wednesday. I should have everything under control, but I am braced for (perhaps even expecting) disaster so I am still rather stressed about it. And I think I will be until it's over. I expect to have a dream about it sometime this next week. (Something along the lines of me ruining everything and being kicked out of the sorority, only, knowing my dreams, it will have some interesting twist.)

Then tonight Lydia, my Dad, and I all went to the REAL game. Again it was fun. I am a soccer enthusiast: I have no idea what's happening most of the time, but I am definitely enthusiastic about it.

Now I am just excited to be home and be able to clean my room and sleep in my bed. I am not going to think about the papers I need to write until tomorrow.

No comments: