Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Washington DC

I am here I am alive and I sort of know what I am doing. I went to work today for the first time. My orientation was simple and interesting with about 15 of the other 90 interns at the Wilson Center. I was surprised that there were so many interns there, but they do fund a lot of scholars and they also have many offices/departments that take interns. There are also 4 interns here from BYU. They are nice and I met them at church on sunday so it was a good feeling to know that I would see friendly faces at work. We went around ad made introductions among the interns and one girl asked "So you are from Utah, but not BYU, right." I said yes and explained that I am from the U of U, which is an important distinction.

I met one of my scholars, Frederic Bozo, and he said that we would meet later on this week either Wednesday or Friday. So I won't have any work until I meet with him. Also my other Scholar, Charlie Maier doesn't even come in until next tuesday. So things should be a little slow to start this week, but picking up soon I think. They are a pretty laid back group of people. I have no time card only the honor system that I will be working for 12-15 hours a week per professor. I am excited to be here and to get this going. I feel a lot better knowing where I will work and with whom.

Here it goes :)

No comments: