I've decided dating is all about taking risks. It's like gambling with your time and resources (whether that is your money or charm or both). Sometimes blind dates are amazingly wonderful, sometimes not so much. I just had a "not so much." Therefore, my conclusion is that if you are going to take a risk by going on a date and you can (1) risk asking someone you would like to go with but you aren't quite sure if they want to go with you or (2) going on a blind date, ask the person you want to go with first. It's better to be rejected and then set up on a blind date that goes badly than to pick first the blind date that goes badly and be left wondering if maybe that one person might have gone and it all would have been so much better...sigh.
So, dating is gambling, and risking what you know usually turns out better than the completely unknown.
Sunday, March 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Call me today...I want to hear about it. I'm glad you survived at least.
Life is about taking risks! (I know, I'm deep...) And sometimes those not-blind dates are just as bad.
Post a Comment