I finished reading the fifth Enola Holmes book this afternoon entitled The Case of the Cryptic Crinoline. I shall not summarize or analyze it because I do not want to spoil any of its contents for future readers. Suffice it to say it is excellent. I stayed up until one in the morning on Sunday night reading this work and again last night I neglected sleep (though not quite as much sleep) to continue it. This afternoon I lay down to take a nap but instead decided to just finish The Cryptic Crinoline then and there so as to give myself a chance to go to bed tonight and stop messing up my morning schedule.
Nancy Springer has hit another home run with this inventive set of detective stories starring the sister of Sherlock Holmes who, rather than bend to the will of her brothers, runs away from home, corsets, and into 19th Century London.
Note: Nancy Springer also wrote another set of dashing adventures with Rowan Hood, the daughter of Robin Hood, as the main character.
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment