Best concert ever! Lydia and I went with her friend Kelsie down to Rio Tinto and listened to Lady Antibellum, Miranda Lambert, and Kenny Chesney. We had a blast despite the heat and sun, and we danced the night away in the stands to some swinging country tunes. Though I have learned that to save money for a concert there are a few things I should do differently: 1. Never buy food at the concert (i.e. the stadium) always eat before. 2. Bring an empty water bottle and fill it at the drinking fountain (they won't let you take in a filled water bottle then they make you buy a tiny bottle for four dollars). 3. If possible, take pains to buy a ticket directly from the stadium or concert organizer rather than buying through a third party on the internet. Internet third parties increase the ticket price, charge about twelve dollars for shipping, and impose huge "convenience fees." It would be worth the time and effort to go to the stadium to buy a ticket because it can save you at least thirty dollars.
On the 24th Elen, my parents, and I watched the parade then headed over to Liberty Park. Liberty park was really fun--lots of activity, food stalls, and fun artsy stuff to buy. It was a good morning and early afternoon, but again very, very hot so we were happy to come home to our freezing basement.
It's been a great weekend!
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment